CareSource is a company that provides a wide range of Ohio health insurance plans, including plans through the marketplace as well as managed plans for Medicaid and Medicare recipients. They provide coverage for addiction treatment services and encourage people who are struggling with substance abuse and addiction to reach out for help.
But even if your health plan provides coverage, it can be difficult to understand what treatments are covered and how much healthcare insurance will pay.
If you have Caresource insurance, part or all of your rehab treatment is most likely covered. Click here to verify your coverage now.
Does Your CareSource Plan Cover Alcohol or Drug Treatment?
They offer different plans, so you have to check your benefits or get a provider to verify your insurance to understand exactly what might be covered. Here are just a few factors that may impact whether they cover addiction treatment.
- The facility or provider. Some health insurers work on the basis of whether a provider is in or out of network with them. If you use the services of an out-of-network provider, the insurer picks up a smaller percentage of the costs than if you use an in-network provider.
- Your deductible. This is the amount you have to pay each year for covered health care expenses before your insurance policy starts picking up the tab. Each policy has its own details, and some policies cover certain costs even before you hit your deductible.
- Coinsurance, or copay. This is the portion of charges that you’re responsible for after your insurer processes payments. For example, if you have a 20% coinsurance for inpatient services and your rehab treatment charges are $10,000, your portion would be $2,000.
- Preauth and referral requirements. Some companies require that you get a referral for certain services from a primary care provider or therapist or that your addiction treatment provider get a preauthorization for services before providing them. Not jumping through these hoops can mean claims are denied.
- The facility must take your insurance policy. Not all facilities accept all healthcare plans. When you’re looking for residential rehab programs in Ohio, make sure that it accepts your plan. New Day Recovery does accept CareSource health insurance.
How Do You Know If The Healthcare Policy Covers Rehab?
The best way to know whether your healthcare policy will cover treatment for addiction is to have a verification done. The admissions staff at New Day Recovery can help you with this. We provide a confidential assessment during which you can express your concerns and learn about your options for treatment. The team also verifies your insurance so you know whether your treatment will be covered and can better understand the costs. Then, we work with you to schedule your admission into our program or refer you to a program that better meets your needs if necessary.
Call New Day Recovery for Help Today
Don’t let worries about finances stop you from seeking help with your addiction. CareSource does cover programs like drug and alcohol treatment, and the caring staff at New Day Recovery can help you understand what your healthcare policy will pay for the services you might need. Contact us today to learn more about your rehab health insurance options and begin your path to recovery.